A Digital Wizard is a pupil who is part of a Digital Leaders Team within our school, whose role it is to support the use and to further the development of Information Technology and the Digital Competency Framework in each class.
Digital Wizards are children who are passionate for technology who want to share their knowledge with others and promote the use of all things digital throughout the school. Being a Digital Wizard is a fantastic opportunity to take on responsibility and demonstrate leadership skills; they can be a real help for busy teachers.
Typically, things that may be performed by a Digital Wizard could be:
- Testing and reviewing new IT resources, which could be websites, software or hardware.
- Share their skills and expertise with other pupils, classes and teachers.
- set up equipment in classrooms for teachers.
- Support teachers in using ICT in the classroom.
- Staff Trainers.
- Take workshops and give presentations.
- Create ‘How-to’ video help guides.
- Promote E-Safety across the school.
Meet our Digital Wizards:-